• 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 1 head cabbage, chopped
• 1 yellow onions, chopped (sautéed)
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
• 3 tbl spoons sour cream
• salt and black pepper to taste
• 1 lb ground beef
• 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 lb of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
DirectionsCook potatoes and cabbage together in a pot. Once they are
softened add butter, milk, bacon, sour cream, and onions
and mix in to mashed potatoes. SET ASIDE.
Brown and drain the ground beef. SET ASIDE.
1. In a medium casserole dish spray the bottom and sides with non stick spray,
2. Place HALF amount of the mashed potato mixture in the
bottom and spread it evenly across the bottom.
3. Place the ground beef on top and evenly spread it around.
4. Evenly spread the vegetables on top of the beef.
5. Spread 1 cup of cheese.
6. Place the remaining half of potato mixture and evenly spread across the pan.
7. Spread the reaming cup of cheese to the top.
8. Place in oven at 375 for 15- 20 minutes until the cheese melts and forms a nice crust on the potatoes.