* For savory dishes, use salt, spices or cheese instead of sugar
Directions1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Grease cookie sheet.
3. Boil water, butter and sugar. Remove from heat, add sifted flour and cool slightly.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time with a wooden spoon; dough should have a soft dropping consistency.
5. Fill piping bag with dough, pipe small balls onto cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and pierce each ball with skewer to let steam out.
Slice each ball open with knife, and stuff with your choice of filling.
Banana Crème Filling
1. Whip cream, add powder sugar to taste (approx 3/4 cup).
2. Mash banana, sugar and banana flavor together, fold into whipped cream.
Smoked Salmon/Gouda Cheese Filling
1. Mix cream cheese, juice and horseradish until well blended.
2. Add salmon, Gouda cheese and onion, and mix well.
1. Beat cream cheese and mayo till well blended.
2. Add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
Profiterole Chocolate Sauce
1. Melt in double boiler, stirring until smooth.
2. Pour over pofiteroles.