1. Mix sugar and flour before adding melted butter, vanilla, milk and eggs.
2. Mix well for 5 minutes.
3. Bake in 9x13 pan-30 minutes at 350°.
4. Cool cake before cutting into squares (freezing helps).
1. Scatter a thick bed of coconut on sheet of greaseproof paper or in casserole dish.
2. Sift sugar and cocoa in double boiler. Add water and vanilla and stir until smooth and shiny. (Icing should be thin.)
3. Spear cake squares with forks and dip into icing, then roll in coconut. Set on cake rack. Freeze.