Directions1. Mix butter and granulated sugar in large bowl until blended.
2. Add melted chocolate, egg, vanilla, chocolate extract, baking soda and salt; beat until light. Blend in flour to make a stiff dough. Divide dough in half. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
3. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
4. Roll out dough, half at a time, 1/8 inch thick between two sheets of plastic wrap. Remove top sheet of plastic. (If dough gets too soft and sticks to plastic, refrigerate until firm.) Cut dough into 1 1/2 inch squares. Place half the squares, 2 inches apart, on prepared cookie sheets.
5. Place about 1/2 tsp. jam on center of each square; top with another square. Using fork, press edges of squares together to seal, then pierce center of each square. Bake 10 minutes or just until edges are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust lightly with powdered sugar.
White Sauce Directions
1. Take 1 cup of non-dairy whipped topping and whisk in water until it forms a medium sauce consistency. Dollop on top of squares.
Get creative and add some varieties of your own such as strawberries, apricots or peaches to fit your taste. They make fun desserts for children of all ages!