Directions1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In an iron skillet, melt 2 Tbsp. butter over medium heat. Saute the apples until slightly caramelized; then add sun-dried cranberries.
3. Place potatoes in medium bowl and season with salt, cinnamon, pepper and nutmeg. Pour cream over and mix well.
4. Butter a gratin dish and layer with one layer of potatoes. Add apples and final layer of potatoes.
5. Overlap, cover and bake for one hour until tender. Remove and add the rest of the bread crumbs and butter.
6. Turn oven to 500° and brown the crumbs. Watch to prevent from burning.