Ingredients for Cake (Credit CakeBoss.com)
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup butter (lightly salted)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Ingredients for Icing:
1/2 cup real butter
1/2 cup crisco
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 tables milk
DirectionsDirections for Cake (Credit CakeBoss.com)
1. Beat eggs in large mixing bowl with paddle attachment for 4 minutes. Do not skip this step!
2. Add sugar, and continue beating for another 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and stir on low until just combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to eggs and sugar on low speed until just combined.
4. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter on low heat just until butter is melted. Add to batter, beat just until combined.
5. Pour into two greased and floured 8" round cake pans.
6. Bake at 325 until the middle springs back when touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand in pans for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire cooling racks and cool completely.
Directions for Icing
Cream butter and crisco in mixer then add powdered sugar all at once and mix with mixer then add milk and mix for 5 minutes!