3 cups cooked turkey, shredded or cubed
1 small container sour cream
½ cup salsa
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
2 cups shredded cheese, divided (use cheddar, Monterey Jack or a mixture)
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 extra-large flour tortilla (or a few smaller ones)
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Combine turkey, sour cream, 1.5 cups of cheese, salsa, chilies and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. (At this point, you may be tempted to simply eat this mixture right out of the bowl, cold, with tortilla chips or your fingers.)
4. Tear tortilla into pieces and arrange in the bottom of the pan.
5. Layer half the turkey mixture on top of the tortillas. Repeat another layer of tortillas and filling. Top with remaining cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 30, or until heated through.
7. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.