WHSV is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia situated in the Shenandoah Valley. We have been consistently honored for our journalism. Our team produces nearly 30 hours of local news each week. We strive to bring our viewers the best content on all platforms. Harrisonburg is a thriving community located two hours from Washington, D.C. and Richmond. We are the area's ABC, CBS and FOX affiliates. We also operate a 24/7 weather channel.
WHSV-TV is accepting resumes for a full-time bureau multi-media journalist (MMJ). The successful candidate will have a passion for storytelling, enterprising stories, and the ability to ad-lib during breaking news situations. You could be the right match if you love digging for stories on a beat system, knocking on doors, and getting the facts right! Must be a self-motivator, able to meet deadlines, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate good news judgment and decision making. We’re looking for someone who maintains a positive work environment. You must understand and embrace the importance of the new multi-platform newsroom. Must embrace reporting on the web and social media just as much as on-air. The successful candidate will shoot and edit their own stories.
- Attend editorial meetings and pitch stories that are "A Block" worthy
- Shoot and edit your own video (MMJ)
- Work your beat, know your beat, maintain and build a working relationship with your sources on your beat
- Be active on social media
- Ability to go live with informative, interactive and meaningful live shots
- Make deadlines; good at time management
- Ability to work independently
- A Broadcast Communications/Journalism degree
- Must be willing to work all shifts.
- Must be a self-motivator, able to meet tight deadlines, have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates good news judgment and decision making
- A good driving record is required
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in
discipline up to and including discharge.