The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring station’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel.
The shift will primarily be Saturday and Sunday 6:30am to 2:30pm, Monday and Tuesday 3pm to midnight and Wednesday noon to 7:00pm. Other days and hours may be required, including holidays. Consistent tardiness will not be tolerated, and candidate must have suitable transportation to work, including during inclement weather conditions.The successful candidate will possess strong communication and people skills and an operating knowledge of PCs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Operating: Ross Overdrive automation, Ross production video switcher, MCR / Harris automation, Platinum House routing system, VizRT graphics, Adobe Photoshop.
Successful candidate will operate supporting equipment in Production/Master Control - including the ability to effectively perform operations with robotic camera, prompter, audio and a working knowledge of in-house web production.
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned for WHSV
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations
• Occasional operation of Edius editing software
• Work with AVID iNEWS, newsroom computer system
• Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas
• Dedication to care of equipment
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
• Training of new personnel as assigned
• Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Great communication and people skills.
• Newscast directing/Master Control or production assistant experience in a system nearly identical to station’s. Work with production automation and playout automation software preferred
• Operating knowledge of PC’s and graphics computers.
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
• Schedule flexibility
• Pre-employment drug screening.
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
• Good or corrected hearing and vision.
• Good English speaking skills, the ability to speak clearly.
• Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment, cameras, tripods, monitors (greater than 50 lbs.).
• Possibility of in working extreme weather conditions.
• Potential exposure to high noise or unusual light levels.
• Ability to work on studio lighting fixtures on a ladder – higher than 10 ft.
• Work schedule will vary due to production/operation demands, or possible permanent schedule changes.
• Work assignments will at times include morning, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Regular and reasonable work attendance required. Consistent tardiness will not be tolerated.
WHSV TV is a drug free workplace. EOE.