Nationals vs. Royals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 26
The Kansas City Royals (15-36) host the Washington Nationals (21-29) to open a three-game series at Kauffman Stadium, with first pitch at 8:10 PM ET on Friday. The Royals are on the back of a series defeat to the Tigers, and the Nationals a series loss to the Padres.
The probable starters are Jordan Lyles (0-8) for the Royals and Patrick Corbin (3-5) for the Nationals.
Nationals vs. Royals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Lyles - KC (0-8, 6.99 ERA) vs Corbin - WSH (3-5, 4.47 ERA)
Read More About This Game
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Patrick Corbin
- Corbin (3-5 with a 4.47 ERA and 34 strikeouts in 56 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Nationals, his 11th of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, the lefty threw six innings against the Detroit Tigers, allowing two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 33-year-old has amassed a 4.47 ERA and 5.4 strikeouts per nine innings during 10 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .291 to his opponents.
- Corbin is trying to build upon a fourth-game quality start streak in this game.
- Corbin is aiming for his 10th straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.6 innings per start.
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Lyles
- Lyles (0-8) will take to the mound for the Royals and make his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in five innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Chicago White Sox.
- The 32-year-old has pitched to a 6.99 ERA this season with 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.2 walks per nine across 10 games.
- He has one quality starts in 10 chances this season.
- In 10 starts, Lyles has pitched through or past the fifth inning eight times. He has a season average of 5.6 frames per outing.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 32-year-old ranks 72nd in ERA (6.99), 51st in WHIP (1.324), and 61st in K/9 (6.8).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.