Nationals vs. Phillies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 2
The Washington Nationals (24-32) will look for continued power from a hitter on a roll against the Philadelphia Phillies (25-31) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET, at Nationals Park. Keibert Ruiz is riding a two-game homer streak.
The Phillies will give the nod to Zack Wheeler (4-4, 3.60 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 5 on the season, and the Nationals will counter with Josiah Gray (4-5, 2.77 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Nationals vs. Phillies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, June 2, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: MASN
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Venue: Nationals Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Wheeler - PHI (4-4, 3.60 ERA) vs Gray - WSH (4-5, 2.77 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Nationals Injury Report|
|Phillies vs Nationals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Phillies vs Nationals Player Props|
|How to Watch Phillies vs Nationals|
|Phillies vs Nationals Odds|
|Phillies vs Nationals Prediction|
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Josiah Gray
- The Nationals will send Gray (4-5) to make his 12th start of the season. He is 4-5 with a 2.77 ERA and 51 strikeouts in 61 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Saturday against the Kansas City Royals, when he went four innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In 11 games this season, the 25-year-old has an ERA of 2.77, with 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .241 against him.
- Gray has five quality starts under his belt this year.
- Gray has pitched five or more innings in a game 10 times this season heading into this outing.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zack Wheeler
- The Phillies will hand the ball to Wheeler (4-4) for his 12th start of the season.
- The right-hander allowed three hits in eight scoreless innings pitched against the Atlanta Braves on Saturday.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 3.60, a 5.07 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.138 in 11 games this season.
- He's going for his third straight quality start.
- Wheeler has 10 starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The 33-year-old's 3.60 ERA ranks 32nd, 1.138 WHIP ranks 28th, and 10.5 K/9 ranks 13th among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.