Sam Howell Week 5 Preview vs. the Bears
Sam Howell will be up against the fourth-worst passing defense in the league when his Washington Commanders take on the Chicago Bears in Week 5, on Thursday at 8:15 PM ET.
Howell has racked up 961 passing yards (240.3 per game) this year, going 94-for-140 (67.1%) with four touchdown passes and five interceptions. Howell has also contributed with his legs with 82 rushing yards (20.5 per game) on 11 attempts, including one touchdown.
Check out the latest odds and place your bets on Howell and the Commanders with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Sportsbook Promo Codes
|BetMGM||GNPLAY1||First Bet Offer: Up to $1500 Back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars||Click Here||New Users: Bet $50 Get $250|
|DraftKings||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 In bonus bets instantly!|
|FanDuel||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 in Bonus Bets|
Howell vs. the Bears
- Howell vs the Bears (since 2021): No games
- Chicago has allowed one opposing player to amass 300 or mroe passing yards in an outing this year.
- Four players have thrown one or more touchdowns in a game against the Bears this season.
- Chicago has allowed three players to throw two or more touchdowns in a matchup in 2023.
- The Bears have allowed three opposing players to throw for at least three TD passes in an outing this season.
- The Bears allow 267.8 passing yards per game, the NFL's 29th-ranked pass defense this season.
- Opponents of the Bears have totaled 10 touchdowns through the air (2.5 per game). The Bears' defense is 31st in the NFL in that category.
Commanders Player Previews
Sam Howell Passing Props vs. the Bears
- Passing Yards: 241.5 (-115)
- Passing TDs: 1.5 (+100)
Put your picks to the test and bet on Howell with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Howell Passing Insights
- Howell has finished above his passing yards prop bet total twice this season.
- The Commanders pass on 60.3% of their plays and run on 39.7%. They are 17th in NFL action in points scored.
- Howell is No. 17 in the NFL averaging 6.9 yards per attempt (961 total yards passing).
- In three of four games this season, Howell completed a touchdown pass -- including multiple TD passes once.
- He has five total touchdowns this season (55.6% of his team's nine offensive TDs).
- Howell accounts for 44.7% of his team's red zone plays, with 17 of his total 140 passing attempts inside the opponent's 20-yard line.
Sam Howell Rushing Props vs the Bears
- Rushing Yards: 12.5 (-139)
Howell Rushing Insights
- Howell has out-gained the rushing yards prop bet total set for him twice in four opportunities this season.
- Howell has one rushing touchdown this year in four games played.
- He has two red zone carries for 9.5% of the team share (his team runs on 55.3% of its plays in the red zone).
Howell's Recent Performance
|Opponent||Date||Week||Passing Stats||Rushing Stats|
|at Eagles||10/1/2023||Week 4||29-for-41 / 290 YDS / 1 TD / 0 INTs||6 ATT / 40 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Bills||9/24/2023||Week 3||19-for-29 / 170 YDS / 0 TDs / 4 INTs||1 ATT / 18 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Broncos||9/17/2023||Week 2||27-for-39 / 299 YDS / 2 TDs / 0 INTs||2 ATT / 13 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Cardinals||9/10/2023||Week 1||19-for-31 / 202 YDS / 1 TD / 1 INT||2 ATT / 11 YDS / 1 TD|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.